About Me

My photo
Tampa Bay, Florida, United States
A bar of chocolate, a soak in the bath, a nap in the afternoon, a leisurely stroll in the park ... these are a few of my favorite things. They make me happy. I am a self-confessed chocoholic ... a chocolate fiend. I need to (make that must) eat chocolate every day. I have strong opinions about chocolate but, of course, I have strong opinions about almost everything. There are some things I have no opinion at all, but if I have an opinion, it's a strong opinion. Grab a piece of chocolate, sit for a spell and be delighted by the taste, aroma and sensation of a way of life.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Health Benefits from Eating Dark Chocolate

According to a study, eating dark chocolate may be good for you. Some of the health benefits are: * Lowers your risk of heart diseases. * Lowers blood pressure. * Lowers cholesterol. * Promotes a feeling of joy. * Promotes good digestion. * Potential cancer prevention. * Antioxidant.

Dark chocolate comes from the plant seeds of the cacao plant - a fruit. The flavonoids found in dark chocolate is believed to contain more antioxidants than a number of other fruits such as blueberries or strawberries.

While dark chocolate has less fat than other chocolates and other sweets, you may eat more chocolate which may result in consuming more calories. So you definitely want to make sure that you maintain your daily calorie intake to avoid those unwanted pounds. Eating chocolate that is higher in quality will satisfy you more quickly which will help in limiting those calories. It is possible that the health benefits of dark chocolate may surpass those of some other fruits and vegetables.

Chocolate can be a part of your life. Chocolate can be your way of life!

1 comment:

  1. This is incredible! Now I have many reasons for eating chocolate on a daily basis. Thank you for a great blog!

    ReplyDelete