About Me

My photo
Tampa Bay, Florida, United States
A bar of chocolate, a soak in the bath, a nap in the afternoon, a leisurely stroll in the park ... these are a few of my favorite things. They make me happy. I am a self-confessed chocoholic ... a chocolate fiend. I need to (make that must) eat chocolate every day. I have strong opinions about chocolate but, of course, I have strong opinions about almost everything. There are some things I have no opinion at all, but if I have an opinion, it's a strong opinion. Grab a piece of chocolate, sit for a spell and be delighted by the taste, aroma and sensation of a way of life.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Achieving Success!

Tonight I went to a seminar with my friend, Gail Bond. The presentation was given by a pal of mine, Gary Cardone. The topic was Being Successful in Business. He told tales of his self-discovery and disclosed his mistakes made along the way. Gary had been the "Energy Man" of all of Europe during the 90s. He did what many of us only dream of - retired in his early 40s. So to be given an opportunity to hear him speak on what it took for him to get to where he is today was like stumbling upon a treasure chest! He emphasized four major points - each woven in and around tales of college, early years in the gas industry and life in Europe. His points were: 1. Make yourself known to the ones who know and ask them to "help" you make more contacts (they will help you!). Plus take your clients/customers/competitors to breakfast/lunch/dinner. Get to know each other! 2. Disconnect from the nay-sayers on your quest for success. 3. Find out what is needed and wanted then fill the gap! 4. You cannot steal 2nd base without first getting on 1st. So keep producing. While others may take trips and vacations, put your hard work in now and retire early.

Websites:
http://garycardone.com/ http://twincapitalholdings.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment