About Me

My photo
Tampa Bay, Florida, United States
A bar of chocolate, a soak in the bath, a nap in the afternoon, a leisurely stroll in the park ... these are a few of my favorite things. They make me happy. I am a self-confessed chocoholic ... a chocolate fiend. I need to (make that must) eat chocolate every day. I have strong opinions about chocolate but, of course, I have strong opinions about almost everything. There are some things I have no opinion at all, but if I have an opinion, it's a strong opinion. Grab a piece of chocolate, sit for a spell and be delighted by the taste, aroma and sensation of a way of life.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Do not feed chocolate to your dog!

Cocoa bean has theobromine. It stimulates the central nervous system, relaxes muscles and dilates blood vessels. Dogs should not eat cocoa or chocolate because it can cause cardiac arrest in dogs, since they lack the enzymes necessary to metabolize theobromine. Dogs like to eat chocolate and will more than likely gorge themselves on any chocolate they find. So do not leave chocolate where your dog can get at it and most definitely do not feed it to your dog for a treat!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the information. I often wondered why I had been told not to give chocolate to my little sheltie. NOW I know why! ==Suzie==

    ReplyDelete