About Me

My photo
Tampa Bay, Florida, United States
A bar of chocolate, a soak in the bath, a nap in the afternoon, a leisurely stroll in the park ... these are a few of my favorite things. They make me happy. I am a self-confessed chocoholic ... a chocolate fiend. I need to (make that must) eat chocolate every day. I have strong opinions about chocolate but, of course, I have strong opinions about almost everything. There are some things I have no opinion at all, but if I have an opinion, it's a strong opinion. Grab a piece of chocolate, sit for a spell and be delighted by the taste, aroma and sensation of a way of life.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Fun Facts

~*~It is reported that Napoleon carried chocolate with him on his military campaigns, and always ate it when he needed quick energy.
~*~Ten percent of U.S. Recommended Daily Allowance of iron is found in one ounce of baking chocolate or cocoa.
~*~Consumers spend more than $7 billion a year on chocolate.
~*~US consumers eat 2.8 billion pounds of chocolate annually, representing nearly half of the world's supply.
~*~Annual per capita consumption of chocolate is 12 pounds per person.
~*~Most Americans prefer milk chocolate, approximately 92 percent, but dark chocolate's popularity is growing rapidly.
~*~Although chocolate is not an aphrodisiac it contains phenylethylamine (PEA), a natural substance that is reputed to stimulate the same reaction in the body as falling in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment