About Me

My photo
Tampa Bay, Florida, United States
A bar of chocolate, a soak in the bath, a nap in the afternoon, a leisurely stroll in the park ... these are a few of my favorite things. They make me happy. I am a self-confessed chocoholic ... a chocolate fiend. I need to (make that must) eat chocolate every day. I have strong opinions about chocolate but, of course, I have strong opinions about almost everything. There are some things I have no opinion at all, but if I have an opinion, it's a strong opinion. Grab a piece of chocolate, sit for a spell and be delighted by the taste, aroma and sensation of a way of life.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

There is good news ...

Eating equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate will keep you balanced.
~~Chocoholic Proverb~~

It is the best medical news in ages ... since the dawn of mankind! Studies in two prestigious scientific journals say dark chocolate, not white chocolate or milk chocolate, is actually good for you. The darker chocolate with the most concentrated cocoa will be the most beneficial for your health. Yippe! I knew it all along. I tried to tell "them" but "they" just did not listen!

Dark chocolate lowers high blood pressure, say Dirk Taubert, MD, PhD, and colleagues at the University of Cologne, Germany. Their report appears in the Aug. 27 issue of The Journal of the American Medical Association. Do not go on a chocolate binge ... you have to balance the extra calories by eating less of other things. I believe I could sustain myself on a chocolate diet. Yep, three "chocolate square" meals a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment